Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

More cherry blossom goodness...

If you ever visit Tokyo then a trip to Shinjuku Gyoen is essential no matter what the season.



Kyu Goryo Tei (The Taiwan Pavilion) reflected in Kaminoike (Upper Pond)



I'm obsessed with these stone lanterns...I love them!



Come May / June, the azalea bushes in front will be a riot of colour!



Told you I was obsessed! I like the budding soccer player on the left too...

The park is open from 9:00am to 4:30pm - with last admission at 4:00pm - Tuesdays to Sundays and is a 10 minute walk from JR Shinjuku station or a 5 minute walk from Shinjuku Gyoen Mae station on the Marunouchi subway line. It's 200 yen to enter - a bargain as far as I'm concerned!
 Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

  • At 12:06 am, Blogger Miss Kim said…

    What a sweet enticing blog you have! Love all your photos! The one with the gum vending machine reminded me of the "Baguette automat" we spotted in France a few years ago!

     
  • At 1:54 am, Blogger Elsa said…

    Again, very beautiful pictures. I especially like the first one with the Taiwan pavilion - it looks so serene.

    I can't wait to get to Japan some day.

     
  • At 7:12 am, Blogger Alex, Chiyo, Hiroki and Kei said…

    Heeeeeeey Suteki na sakura!! We saw thw blossom round the lake in Mito yesterday too. I love this time of year.

     
  • At 10:31 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hi Traveller One, welcome & thank you for your kind words. I'd love to see a baguette vendy in Tokyo. Baguettes are one of my fave foods in France :)

     
  • At 10:33 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hi Elsa, thanks...I actually had to wait for ages to take this picture...there were crowds of people snapping and the wind was very strong - hence you can't see the reflection in the pond as clearly as usual; but I still like the shot :)

     
  • At 10:34 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hi Alex, Chiyo & Hiroki, cool - I hope there are pics of this on your blog!

     
  • At 10:35 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hi Rodes and welcome. I hope you post pics of China and Taiwan on your blog...I haven't been to mainland China yet - but it's on my wishlist :p

     
  • At 12:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That little girl is so cute with her stripes - beautiful pictures, again :-)

     
  • At 12:54 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    She was so serious about kicking the ball too...we watched her for a while!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals