Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Monday, March 27, 2006

Spring-diddleeumptious...

A few days ago everything looked barren and cold like this:



Notice the boy crossing his arms against the winter chill and the naked branches casting their bare shadows across the footpath...

But...
when we walked home from dinner at
Choshimaru (our local sushi shop) on Saturday night I was overjoyed to see my first cherry blossoms of the season:



Ooohhh aren't they pretty...
Stay tuned for at least a
gazillion more pics in the very near future!
 Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

  • At 1:41 pm, Blogger AquaM said…

    beautiful...

     
  • At 11:50 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    aquamarine: It's such an amazing feeling when you see them poking out after the cold, dreary winter :)

    Thanks for dropping by...

     
  • At 11:51 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Welcome helen; I loved all the snow pictures on your blog...but I'm also glad that it's warming up here finally :p

     
  • At 12:41 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    We actually bought some yellow tulips on Saturday...Guess I'll have to change the name of my blog to "Flowery Knids" pretty soon :D

     
  • At 2:18 am, Blogger Elsa said…

    I love Cherry Blossoms - I wish we had more of them in my area (New Hampshire), but at least I can see your pics! They're gorgeous!

     
  • At 7:42 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Glad you like them Elsa, I'd never even seen them until I came to Japan - now I can't imagine Spring without them!

     
  • At 3:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    These are real pretty

     
  • At 11:22 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    They are even better in real life anon :)

     
  • At 12:26 pm, Blogger Amy said…

    Cherry blossoms are so beautiful, but I fear the closest I'll ever get to what they look like in Japan is Washington D.C.'s annual Cherry Blossom festival.

     
  • At 11:40 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Amy: I'd like to see the DC festival too; especially as my experience with cherry blossoms is Japanese only. I'm sure the American take on it is quite different!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals