Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Fruitalicious...

It's been stiflingly hot the last couple of weeks, so we've been eating lots of cold fruit in a fruitless (sorry, I couldn't resist!) attempt to cool down. The plums, cherries and grapes have just been taken out of the fridge...see how quickly the condensation has formed (and note our hardy begonias in the background!) :



Rest assured, they tasted as delicious as they look!



The grapes were incredibly sweet and juicy and the plums were perfectly ripe...



The cherries were the most interesting...I nearly didn't buy them due to their pale colour as I'm used to cherries with a dark maroon skin...



Surprisingly, these cherries turned out to be some of the sweetest I've ever eaten. They were grown in Yamanashi Prefecture (where they are famous for their stone fruit) and I'm so glad I took the plunge!

By now I'm sure you are all convinced I'm obsessed with
spherical food!

What's your favourite way to keep cool in the hot summer months?
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 4:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They look so pretty :-)

     
  • At 1:16 am, Blogger Bearette said…

    i am a grape and cherry FREAK. I like the darker cherries, too.

     
  • At 2:54 am, Blogger Lou said…

    Okay, I'm officially hungry. They look great! I'm sure they tasted nice and juicy and sweet.

    Beautiful colors, too.

     
  • At 3:03 am, Blogger www.stepherz.com said…

    Beautiful! Making my mouth water! Much nicer to look at than my father's day raw steak, eh?

     
  • At 1:03 pm, Blogger ribbiticus said…

    those look absolutely delish! we don't have plums and cherries here (well, we have canned cherries but they're just not the same). lucky you!

     
  • At 1:16 pm, Blogger Elsa said…

    Those are really nice looking fruits! :-)

    My favorite way to cool down in the summer is to be in an air-conditioned place.

     
  • At 7:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We rarely get weather that hot over here but we are strong believers of having a hot drink like tea to cool you down...as silly as it sounds it seems to work!

     
  • At 2:10 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    I've been too busy munching on these delicious fruits to respond...yum yum yum!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals