Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Monday, July 10, 2006

A Trip Down Memory Lane...

Indulge me for a moment...I'm in mourning remember...

Happier days when Australia beat Uruguay to qualify for the 2006 FIFA World Cup with John Aloisi in the foreground:



Guus Hiddink - AKA Miracle Worker - embracing the boys after the win:



Lucas Neill leading the victorious charge into the Round of 16:



A poignant (for me) shot of the devastating Australia Vs Italy game:



"We came here as a lowly ranked team, lucky to make it in the eyes of the world, but the world has taken notice, big time, of what Australia has done." (John O'Neill, FFA Chief Executive)

"There are far more positives than negatives...I think we've got a lot of new followers because of the way we played. I think everyone now knows we can match it with the big boys." (
Mark Viduka, Socceroos Captain)

(Photos are from - you guessed it -
FIFA World Cup site)
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 1:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You got a way with words

     
  • At 9:57 am, Blogger Bearette said…

    are you still watching? there are so many ppl here going to bars to watch the games. there was even a sign in the village that said, "bend over my little soccer bitches and worship my 42" plasma screen" ;)

    sorry, that was a little off-color but i thought you'd enjoy it :)

     
  • At 11:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SOCCER BITCHES HAHAHAHAHA

     
  • At 12:41 pm, Blogger Lou said…

    Well, at least your team went further than mine. Now back to watching DC United and the rest of the MLS teams for me. :)

     
  • At 11:58 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Too funny Bearette :D

    Okay I'm done moping around now...stick around as I'll be posting more upbeat stuff any day now!

    BTW...thanks for your indulgence over the past month ;)

     
  • At 6:57 pm, Blogger My float said…

    And I thought I'd recovered from the horror. BOO HOOOOOOO!

     
  • At 5:35 am, Blogger My float said…

    Hey, VK, I saw a doctored photo that would have made you laugh. It was Zindane standing menacingly over Materazzi, seconds after headbutting him, and it has the caption: "That's for the Socceroos".

    Well said!

     
  • At 1:29 pm, Blogger carmilevy said…

    In the end, it's just a game. Read the following URL for the initial rationale:

    http://writteninc.blogspot.com/2006/07/publish-day-ink-blog-world-cup-soccer.html

    Then I hope you'll come back to my blog later on Saturday when I post my latest newspaper column for a real-world perspective on what truly matters most.

    Visiting from Michele's tonight. Your site is always a delight to read!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals