Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Monday, June 26, 2006

An open letter to the Socceroos:

Dear Socceroos,

Firstly, I would like to say a very big domo arigatou gozaimasu (thank you) for performing as magnificently as you have done so far. Australians everywhere - including this one - are proud of your fantastic achievements...and we know you can continue it against Italy tonight!

I have some small requests for tonight's match as follows:

I want to see Harry Kewell as ecstatic as this after Tim Cahill scores his 1st goal against Italy: (I don't care if Harry is on crutches, he can still jump like this!)



I want to see this kind of action shot at least 4 times against Italy: (Don't feel you have to restrict yourselves to 4 goals though!)



I want to see John Aloisi repeat his stripping gambol after scoring his first goal against Italy:



And finally, I want to see Mark Viduka and the entire squad bamboozle the Italians as Kewell did the Croatians:



(I'm sure you'll agree that my requests are modest!)

Whatever the outcome tonight - but I know it will be a WIN! - you guys have put Australian soccer / football on the world stage; and that can only be a good thing.

Sincerely,
Vernicious Knids

(Photos are from
FIFA World Cup 2006 - seriously, what would I do without this site?!)

PS Don't forget to vote in the poll on my sidebar!
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

  • At 11:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go Aussies!!!!!!

     
  • At 12:26 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Schwarzer just pushed the ball out of goal - a spectacular save in the 20th minute! And Australia has had up to 80% possession, currently 61%.

    Schwarzer just saved again...he's working hard tonight - glad they switched keepers!

     
  • At 1:43 am, Blogger Elsa said…

    :D

    Very nice letter ! :) Good luck tonight!

    And thanks for adding Portugal to the poll. I just voted for them - they're in my blood :)

     
  • At 2:01 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    A very disappointing end to an exciting and tense match. A - shall we say "interesting" - call for Totti to have a penalty kick in the last minute.

    Man...it's been a blast though; I'm still so proud of them :D

     
  • At 2:03 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    And Elsa, I guess Portugal is my team now too :D

     
  • At 2:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WHAT THE HELL???????

     
  • At 5:19 am, Blogger Caro said…

    Ah those are some good-looking fellows.

     
  • At 6:20 am, Blogger Ed said…

    Did the Socceroos lose on a penalty kick? I was just looking at the updates online and thought they were going into extra time. Man, that's weak. My sympathies, VK.

     
  • At 6:51 am, Blogger My float said…

    :(

    still, our boys did us proud and played a clean game. unlike our opponents.

     
  • At 12:26 pm, Blogger Elsa said…

    I'm so sorry, VK :( That so sucks! Especially on a penalty kick in the last 10 seconds!

    But, thanks for rooting for Portugal. :-)

     
  • At 11:30 pm, Blogger Chelsea said…

    YAY GO PORTUGAL!!!

     
  • At 4:07 pm, Blogger Crayonsetc said…

    Well, now I know where to come for all the soccor updates... I just asked dh if the world cup was even over. It is so sad that it doesn't get as much attention in the US as it does every where else!!!

     
  • At 9:29 pm, Blogger Carola said…

    *cries again*

    i stayed up and was mentally and physically and emotionally drained the following day after that mind altering END to the game...

    i have felt that the umpires havent been very good through out the entire World Cup - not just in the Australian games either...

    i vote for the 3rd umpire like Aussie Rules Footy has...

    but that was the nicest letter, and i DITTO everything you wrote...

    *drools over the boys* Im still proud!

    Cheers again... and a great site here!!!!
    Here Via Michele's- from Australia

     
  • At 11:35 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Thanks everyone for your kind words...I'm still pretty raw about this. But I am still proud of the fact that Australia got into the Round of 16!

    Watch for us in South Africa in 2010...we'll be going even further :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals