Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Friday, June 09, 2006

Soaking up happiness...

Tonight's delicious and simple dinner:



Coconut Tofu:
Momen (firm) tofu, drained and chopped into bite size pieces
Onion, diced
Garlic, crushed
Mushrooms, chopped
Coconut milk
Cumin powder
Coriander seed powder
Ground cardamom powder
Nutmeg
Curry powder
Cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients into a Pyrex dish with a lid and leave in the fridge while you go to work! (The tofu will absorb all the flavours).
Arrive home, pour yourself a glass of wine and remove tofu from the fridge.
Give it a final stir and cook in a 220C oven for 1 hour.

Eggplant side dish:
Eggplant, cut into strips
Mirin (substitute white wine with a small amount of sugar if you don't have access to this)
Goma oil (sesame)
Salt

Add all ingredients to frypan and stirfry...
(Don't you just love simple recipes?!)

Serve with rice and fukujinzuke (the crunchy orange pickles you can see on top!) and cracked black pepper to your taste.
(If you don't like tofu; you can easily substitute chicken or fish!)


Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

  • At 1:53 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hope you enjoy it as much as we did CM :D

     
  • At 4:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh that looks good.

    I think I'll make it with fish or chicken.

    I love tofu, but it doesn't love me.

    I adore eggplant.

     
  • At 8:19 am, Blogger My float said…

    yum yum yum....

     
  • At 11:54 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    CMO3, Recently I cannot get enough of eggplant and spinach...we eat it every day! That's a shame about tofu.

    MF, Pleased you think so!

     
  • At 1:16 pm, Blogger Just a trumpet player said…

    OK , now I'm hungry... Looks delicious !

    Michele sent me , again ! Have a great weekend !

     
  • At 1:40 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Welcome back again JATP...you too!

     
  • At 12:07 am, Blogger Elsa said…

    I love eggplant!! I've never prepared it myself - but order it many times at Chinese and Italian restaurants.

     
  • At 12:51 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Elsa, it's so incredibly easy to cook...you literally just throw it in the frypan with the other ingredients...I love it so much too :D

     
  • At 1:57 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Welcome Lianne...I hope your health improves and that you enjoy this as much as we did!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals