Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Urusai yo!

Well, this morning we were ripped from our deep slumber by this:



Uh huh, not only do we live right next to the train lines, but now we are in the midst of some serious building knock-down action!



It is so incredibly urusai (noisy). I don't understand why this kind of eardrum shattering noise is allowed to start at 8am...that's right 8am people!!!



The shot above shows you nejiri hachimaki in more detail...um that would be the twisted towel he's wearing around his head to absorb the sweat from his brow!



One of the first things any apprentice demolition artist learns is, respect for the fallen...

If they are going to continue to bow everytime they knock something down...we're going to be hearing this noise forever!

They'd better be
recycling this wood!
 Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

  • At 11:27 am, Blogger Elsa said…

    I'm surprised they can do that at 8 AM in the morning since they are in a residential area. I live in an apartment and I don't think they would do that. Although one morning, Dick and I were "sleeping in" (it was during the week, so we must have had the day off) and a couple of guys were on scaffolding right outside our window! I received a memo stating that there would be people fixing stuff and would be on scaffolding, but had forgotten. Of course, our blinds weren't down! Let me just say we had an interesting time getting to the window to let down the blinds without any unwanted "exposition"...or should I say "exhibition" ;)

     
  • At 11:28 am, Blogger Elsa said…

    BTW, you may want to invest in earplugs. I've used them before and they really work!

     
  • At 11:53 am, Blogger Bearette said…

    It's so sweet that they bow...

    We have a demolition/construction crew working at a site across the street, so I feel your pain. Sometimes they're going strong at 7 am.

    I've found that earplugs lower the volume rather than blocking out the sound entirely.

     
  • At 12:47 pm, Blogger Caro said…

    What about one of those machines that make nature sounds?

    I've heard of knocking on wood but never bowing to it.

     
  • At 2:20 pm, Blogger AquaM said…

    Hey, nice to hear from u again. You are right, white sauce does jazz up things!!!
    Last weekend, I made hummus, tortillas and a chick pea veg salad. WIll post the recipe soon on those.
    Hey, can u help me plan a trip to Japan? Let me know.

     
  • At 7:26 pm, Blogger My float said…

    Hey, I can't help it but I'm laughing. ALOUD! Because you were woken up by noise at 8am.

    There's a little builder here who wakes me up every.single.morning from 5am. Or 5.30am if he's sleeping in.

    However, this is your blog, so I'll just nod and say, nasty builders. Come back at 10. How about some respect here? Forget about the fallen...consider the sleeping!

    And WV is fknyhr- which made me giggle because it sounds like f'g hour...which is precisely what this post is all about!

     
  • At 11:27 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hi All, thanks for sharing the pain :D

     
  • At 1:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny story and good picutres.

     
  • At 10:26 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Thanks anon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals