Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Road Trip...

Last week we went for a drive and these are some pictures I took from the front seat:



All 333 metres of Tokyo Tower bathed in the warm glow of the setting sun. It's 13 metres taller than the Eiffel Tower - a fact that the Japanese are extremely proud of - and is lit up with orange lights in winter and white lights during summer.



If you can believe it; this white bridge is actually called Rainbow Bridge!
(It gets lit up by solar powered lamps at night - but only 3 colours: red, white & green - not blue!)



The lopsided load on this truck intrigued me...
especially given our recent first hand
demolition experience!



The billboard you can see is for the company "Promise" (a consumer finance company) which has a rather pithy jingle - "Kiiroi, Kanban, Promise!" (Yellow, billboard, Promise!)
 Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

  • At 4:33 am, Blogger Bearette said…

    hee...i bet the french don't like that. nice pictures.

     
  • At 7:22 am, Blogger Elsa said…

    Nice pics. For a split second, I thought that was the Eiffel Tower. And I love the Rainbow Bridge - it's very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 9:25 am, Blogger My float said…

    Hey, you were very brave driving behind that dodgy van carrying all the wood!!

    Love the photos.

     
  • At 8:12 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Bearette, I'm sure they don't :D

    Elsa, Don't tell anyone, but I actually think the Eiffel Tower is more beautiful!

    MF, We like to live on the edge ;)

     
  • At 11:52 am, Blogger Caro said…

    Finally I can comment!

    Hurray.

    Now I forgot what I was going to say. LOL

     
  • At 10:23 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Liz, stay tuned for more food pics...as the best part about travelling is discovering the different foods available around the world!

    Helen, I only posted the pics that weren't blurry! The others I deleted :D

    Carolyn, I've been having problems with Blogger too! Grr...

     
  • At 1:21 pm, Blogger shpprgrl said…

    Great pictures! There is a bridge of the same name in Texas by the way...

    Thanks for visiting earlier!

     
  • At 1:21 pm, Blogger shpprgrl said…

    Great pictures! There is a bridge of the same name in Texas by the way...

    Thanks for visiting earlier!

     
  • At 1:41 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    You're doubly welcome shpprgrl :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals