Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Monday, January 08, 2007

More Miniature Madness...

This is the rear view of the Akasaka Palace (Geihinkan 迎賓館) where visiting foreign dignitaries are housed. The main building has 15,000 squared metres of floor space and was originally designed as a residence for the Crown Prince. Our apartment has a mere 65 squared metres...obviously this outrageous injustice must be immediately rectified!

A closer view of the spectacular fountain that actually has running water:

All of the trees in the displays at Tobu World Square are real bonsai!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 10:54 pm, Blogger Janet Kincaid said…

    Wait a minute! Did I read that correctly? The trees in the miniature displays are all live bonsai?!? Wow! That's amazing. This past summer, I spent four hours at the bonsai exhibit at the National Arboretum here in D.C. They have an extensive collection of Japanese bonsai and Chinese penjing. it's amazing. Here's a link: http://www.usna.usda.gov/Gardens/collections/bonsai.html.

     
  • At 11:28 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    JMK: You read it right...thanks for the link!

     
  • At 8:46 pm, Blogger My float said…

    I love the idea of bonsai tree in a miniature setting. I love things like this - I wish I was this creative!

     
  • At 8:29 am, Blogger LBA said…

    Cool - I love this kind of stuff.

    I used to do my own bonsai out of apricot pips I grew into trees - loved it, should do it again, I think ...

     
  • At 7:50 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    MF: This place was spectacular; one of the kitschiest yet most fun places I've been in Japan!

    H&B: Do you have photos of your bonsai - I'd love to see them!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals