Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Monday, November 20, 2006

Egypt in miniature...

You may be surprised to realise that this is not the real Sphinx:

It is a cleverly realised miniature from Tobu World Square in Tochigi Prefecture. And it fits nicely with the most recent Amelia Peabody adventure I've devoured - Lion in the Valley:


(Image from Barnes & Noble)
Amelia, Radcliffe and their precocious son Ramses do battle against the Master Criminal - a genius of disguise - as they attempt to excavate the burial chamber of the Black Pyramid in Dahshoor...


And I leave you with the grandeur of Abu Simbel
:



It's spectacular...even in miniature!
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 4:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fantastic photo's even if they are of the minature versions!

     
  • At 5:45 am, Blogger Bearette said…

    i looked at that and all i could think of was sphinx pose in yoga...they actually call it "sphinxasana" in sanskrit! ;)

     
  • At 7:43 am, Blogger LBA said…

    *W*O*W* !

     
  • At 11:12 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Claire: The details they've included in the models is pretty spectacular...my photos barely do them justice.

    Bearette: Well that explains why the Sphinx always looks so peaceful...she's doing yoga!

    H&B: I haven't been to the "real" ones yet...so this has to do for now!

     
  • At 10:25 pm, Blogger www.stepherz.com said…

    Wow, that's amazing! It's always fun for me to see your pictures because the lifestyle is so different. You seem to have so many things to entertain you in Japan. We don't even have a shopping mall in my town. I think I'd like to visit; but I'm sure I'd be a fish out of water after awhile.

     
  • At 12:09 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Stepherz: I'm glad I can entertain you ;) I definitely look for the funnier side of life...otherwise my "difference" to other Japanese people would make me crazy!

     
  • At 6:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, if that's miniature, I can't imagain how big the real thing is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals