Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Name that tune...

Blogger Beta & Picasa are being royal pains in the proverbial, so this is a photo-free post until I can sort out the bugs...

I spotted
this at Janet's Snapeariffic blog. My iPod Mini is on shuffle and the first 10 tunes are listed below...Now it's up to you to identify the song and the artist!

  1. It was all just a dream, Oh no
  2. Do what you want, 'cause I'll do anything (Boys on the Radio - Hole - Claire got it!)
  3. She came from Greece, She had a thirst for knowledge (Common People -Pulp - Amy got it!)
  4. Sittin' on a sack of beans, Sittin' down in New Orleans (Apache Rose Peacock - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Amy got this one too!)
  5. What's wrong? What are you afraid of?
  6. Camera got them images, Camera got them all
  7. This world rejects me, This world threw me away (Burn - NIN - Amy is definitely on a roll!)
  8. Well you can give me all your love, And anything else you got too
  9. Freak out, give in
  10. He's making all these promises you know he cannot keep (There's a Barbarian in the Back of my Car - Voice of the Beehive - My Float got it!)

It's Photoionary...but with words?!

Labels: , , , ,

15 Comments:

  • At 5:41 am, Blogger Bearette said…

    these are always so hard! #8 reminds me of ZZ Top ("gimme all your lovin', all your hugs and kisses too") but the words aren't quite right.

    oh well. someday i will guess correctly ;)

     
  • At 5:42 am, Blogger Bearette said…

    what color is your ipod mini?

     
  • At 11:41 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Bearette: It's pink...which I'm sure you'll approve of :)

    #8 is not ZZ Top

     
  • At 11:47 am, Blogger www.stepherz.com said…

    #10 is Madonna?

     
  • At 3:09 pm, Blogger Amy said…

    #3 - the song is Common People, don't know the artist.

    #4 is Chili Peppers, but I don't remember the song name.

    #7 is NIN - Burn

    I also thought #8 was ZZ Top, so I'm not sure on that one.

     
  • At 3:15 pm, Blogger Amy said…

    PS - I just googled Common People to find the artist, and the real song is by Pulp, but I also found a re-recording done by William Shatner & Joe Jackson. Awesome!

     
  • At 11:45 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Stepherz: It's not Madonna!

    Amy: #3 is right...and it's the Pulp version...the Shatner one is pretty hysterical if you ever get a chance to listen!

    #4 is the Chili Peppers, song name is "Apache Rose Peacock".

    #7 is correct!

     
  • At 6:14 am, Blogger Bearette said…

    so is mine!
    :)

     
  • At 12:10 pm, Blogger Caro said…

    I am so clueless on any of them, but hello!

     
  • At 6:20 pm, Blogger My float said…

    Oh, I know.

    #10 is There's a barbarian in the back of my car (Voice of the Beehive).

    I think?

     
  • At 10:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    #2 is Boys on the Radio - Hole

    Don't recognise any others except ones that Amy has got!

     
  • At 11:34 am, Blogger www.stepherz.com said…

    You have good taste, VN!

     
  • At 12:52 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Bearette: Great minds...and all that!

    Carolyn: Check out my fave artists list on my profile for some hints!

    MF: You got it...I wondered if you'd get that one!

    Claire: You got it too!

    Stepherz: Merci...you too!

     
  • At 3:07 pm, Blogger My float said…

    Of course I did, fellow Voice of the Beehvie fan. At least there are two of us in the world!!

    I was thinking Barbarian first, then Sorrow Floats got in my head, but I think that's because I was in a bad mood!

    My fave is still Don't Call Me Baby which, in years gone by, I used to play at roaring speed when I broke up with my boyfriend...again!

    Still turns me to tears. Ah the power of music!

    I like this game.

     
  • At 10:28 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    MF: We're not the only 2, I know of at least 1 other person who also loves them...wow, a grand total of 3 ;) I wish they had their songs on the karaoke machines here...that would totally rock! "Oh Love" is my fave, but it's a very difficult decision to make!

    I think I'm going to make this game a regular feature!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals