Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Cracked...

This modified meme comes from Louise.

Rules:

1. Reach for the nearest book to you and open to page 12
2. Find the 3rd sentence
3. And then find the 4th word in that sentence
4. Do a Google Image Search on that word only, choose the 5th image and post the resulting picture to your blog, along with the word you Googled and these instructions so that others can play!

My book: "Acqua Alta" - Donna Leon
My word: "cracked"
My result:


(Image comes from here)
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • At 11:01 pm, Blogger GG said…

    cool meme. i'm going to do this. interesting photo too.
    i've only read one donna leon book so far, but really enjoyed it. am keen to get into some more.

     
  • At 11:27 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    GG: It's a fun one...I liked this shot too!

     
  • At 12:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cool! mine's up! ;)

     
  • At 1:16 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Ribbiticus: Excellent...I'm hopping over now!

     
  • At 4:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My word was 'thinking', from The Extreme Searcher's Internet Handbook, by Randolph Hock.

     
  • At 6:52 am, Blogger LBA said…

    I can't believe I don't have a book within reaching distance. Not a one ! :(

     
  • At 9:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you liked the idea- it's a lot of fun to see what comes up.

     
  • At 1:03 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Liz: Great book title!

    H&B: No way...get thee to a book!

    Louise: It's very cool!

     
  • At 2:22 pm, Blogger Gabby Girl said…

    Hey. I just wanted to let you know that you have a pretty cool blog. I was scrolling through the comments on Louise's blog, and the name of your blog caught my attention. So I thought I would come give it a look. Liked what I saw.

     
  • At 9:55 pm, Blogger LBA said…

    There are books a plenty here, just not near the computer ( there's a pile by my bed, however )

    I think the computer scares books away from this spot .. or .. something .. ;)

     
  • At 11:10 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    GG: Welcome and thanks for your kind words! Enjoy your stay.

    H&B: Phew...that's a relief!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals