Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tokyo is full of surprises...

While wandering around the Jingumae area in central Tokyo one rainy Sunday, a few months ago, we stumbled across this:



"Art Scape Action 99" which involved 500 artists collaborating on brightening up a drab concrete streetscape:



How spectacular is the greenery?
I love the way it's invading the artwork's space!



The art is on both sides of the road and continues for about 300 metres. It really brightened up a dreary, rainy day for us!



I particularly liked this vibrant piece.

(All photos taken by moi!)
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

  • At 12:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awesome shots! Is that last one the artist's take on Miss Jackson? ;-)

     
  • At 12:47 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Janet: LOL...wardrobe malfunction ;)

     
  • At 9:42 am, Blogger Chelsea said…

    Cool photos.
    For a human.

    xoxoxo
    Chelsea

     
  • At 11:21 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Chelsea: I know your paws would do much better...but thanks ;)

     
  • At 8:29 am, Blogger meggie said…

    Loved the 'Vibrant' one!
    Much nicer than graffitti of the mindless type.
    Dammit I should have put graffitti in my meme!

     
  • At 8:06 pm, Blogger LBA said…

    Fan-tas-tic !

    Love these pics, but have a bit of a grudge against the ivy, having spent 4months removing it from my own fenceline .. ( still looks good though ;)

     
  • At 6:54 am, Blogger Caro said…

    That's beautiful.

     
  • At 5:41 am, Blogger www.stepherz.com said…

    Pretty colors. If you have to have concrete, it should at least be colorful...

     
  • At 7:18 am, Blogger My float said…

    I love that last photo. It's a glorious picture, isn't it.

     
  • At 5:05 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Meggie: You don't typically see much of the "mindless" graffiti here...just acres of bland concrete!

    H&B: I don't envy you with the 4 month job...but it does look pretty in this urban jungle!

    Liz: That would be a cool job!

    Carolyn: Thanks!

    Stepherz: My thoughts exactly!

    MF: It's definitely my fave too!

     
  • At 4:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh! How I want to visit Tokyo! Your country ranks high on my list of must-see places.

    Great blog! Thanks for sharing interesting tidbits about Japan. Keep at it! c",)

     
  • At 1:06 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Irene: Welcome and thanks for your kind words...I hope you get to see Tokyo one day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals