Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Buckle up...

The lovely Stepherz has tagged me, and true to form I will not be following the rules of this meme exactly, but will be embellishing at will - enjoy the ride.

1. Name of a book I have read more than once:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl, To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee, The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien and The Mists of Avalon - Marion Zimmer Bradley, a swashbuckling feminist retelling of the Arthurian legend!


(Image from Amazon Japan )

2. If I could have one book while stuck on a deserted island:
The Dummies Guide to Surviving on a Deserted Island - Man Friday

3. A book that made me laugh:
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams, Switch Bitch - Roald Dahl, Down Under - Bill Bryson and He Died With a Felafel in his Hand - John Birmingham, gruesome yet hilarious tales of housesharing.


(Image from Amazon Japan)

4. A book that made me cry:
Little Women - Lousia May Alcott

5. One book I wish I had written:
Tikki Tikki Tembo - Arlene Mosel and The Mayfair Witches Chronicles - Anne Rice

6. One book that I think shouldn't have been written:
As I said back in June, books are the gateway to new worlds, adventures and ideas and as such, all books are important

7. A book I'm currently reading:
Fingersmith - Sarah Waters

8. One book I've been meaning to read:
Well my Amazon wishlist currently contains 348 books I've been meaning to read, but I'll just tell you three of them... Perfume: The Story of a Murderer - Patrick Suskind, Nine Parts of Desire: The Hidden World of Islamic Women - Geraldine Brooks and City of Falling Angels - John Berendt



(Image from Amazon Japan)

9. One book that changed my life:
The Magic Faraway Tree - Enid Blyton, it showed me the power of imagination


(Image from Amazon Japan)

Now I am supposed to tag someone...but you can tag yourselves if you are keen to play, and feel free to bend the rules!
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 1:38 pm, Blogger Amy said…

    What hard questions for a book lover like me - so many to choose from- I'll have to think on it and contemplate my answers. One book I heard about today is now on my "want to read" list - I can't remember the title but it details the involvement of the AFL-CIO in the Vietnam War.

     
  • At 10:17 pm, Blogger Bearette said…

    348...that's not enough, VK ;)

     
  • At 6:28 am, Blogger Bec said…

    I love the anime look of the fairy on the cover of the Amazon Japan version of the Faraway Tree! I don't remember my old pommy books having fairies with quite such large eyes or bold stance. Very cute.

     
  • At 7:13 am, Blogger Bearette said…

    If you wanted to link to your wish list, that would be groovy...i am always looking for book ideas ;) i like the fairy, too.

     
  • At 8:15 am, Blogger Caro said…

    Little Women made me cry too.

     
  • At 11:13 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Amy: They were tough for me too...I look forward to your answers!

    Liz: Me too!

    Bearette: LOL!

    BOTLL: It's pretty funky, isn't it?

    Bearette: The Japan version isn't as feature-intensive as the American one...but I'll see what I can do!

    Carolyn: It's a classic and it fit into a number of the categories of this meme!

     
  • At 2:00 am, Blogger Janet Kincaid said…

    I love Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo-chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo and his little brother, Chang! That was my favorite book growing up. I finally found a copy several years ago and promptly bought it. It sits probably on my shelf with all of my other favorite children's books like "Where the Wild Things Are" and "The Little House." Modern equivalents that I've added to the collection include "Frank Was a Monster Who Wanted to Dance" and "Olivia." Still, Ttt-nsr-cbr-ppp and his little brother, Chang, remain my all time favorite.

     
  • At 2:01 am, Blogger Janet Kincaid said…

    Whoops! That should say, "it sits PROUDLY on my shelf." Oy. I obviously haven't had enough Dr. Pepper yet.

     
  • At 9:15 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Janet: Pop some Dr Pepper pronto ;) I'm interested to see how the "Where the Wild Things Are" movie turns out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals