Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Close, Closer, Closest:

Mukojima Hyakkaen - a garden with a hundred flowers that bloom throughout the four seasons - is a delight to visit at any time of the year. It was given to the City of Tokyo in 1937 and opened as a pay-per-view garden in 1938.
Some useful expressions for your visit:
Kaien wa nanji desu ka? - What time does the garden open?
Heien wa nanji desu ka? - What time does the garden close?
Otona no nyuenryo wa ikura desu ka? - What's the admission cost for one adult?
Shashin o totte moraemasu ka? - Could you take a photo of me?
This area of the garden is Bai-dosui and contains a very picturesque well with a bamboo lid and wooden bucket.

The kanji above is "Bai-dosui".

I loved the delicate moss growing on the well in this shot.
Mukojima Hyakkaen is an 8 minute walk from Higashi Mukojima station on the Tobu Isesaki line, or a 13 minute walk from Keisei Hikifune station on the Keisei Oshiage line. Or you can take the Toei Bus Kameido (Nippori route #22) and get off at the Hyakkaenmae stop. The garden is open from 9am to 5 pm (last entry at 4:30pm) all year except December 29 to January 3 and is 150 yen to enter.
Remember to click on the photos for a closer view!
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , , ,

17 Comments:

  • At 3:49 pm, Blogger -E said…

    I love gardens. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    Here via Michele.

     
  • At 5:06 pm, Blogger Catherine said…

    I always enjoy visiting Japan with you - and thanks for the Japanese lesson!
    Michele sent me

     
  • At 6:32 pm, Blogger nutmeg said…

    These gardens look exquisite.

    I'm wondering if the Japanese are like the Chinese with their entry fees. The Chinese liked to charge a number of different entry fees - we finally worked out that one of them was probably called the "dumb foreigner entry fee" whereby you pay double but see no more!

     
  • At 8:50 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    -e: Glad you liked them!

    Catherine: Dou itashimashite (you're welcome)!

    Nutmeg: We don't have that "extra" fee in Japan...in fact due to the "Yokoso Japan" (Welcome to Japan) campaign launched by former PM Koizumi, many places actually have discounted entry fees for foreigners!

     
  • At 9:04 pm, Blogger kenju said…

    I read all the way down the page. I love learning about places I haven't been; your photos are good and it is interesting to learn some of the language. I am doing a travelogue on my European trip this month. Come and see it.

    Michele sent me - and I am glad!

     
  • At 9:16 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Kenju: I'm on my way!

     
  • At 9:38 pm, Blogger kenju said…

    Thanks for the visit! I can assure you I have not posted ALL the photos. I think between me and my daughter, we have at least 50 taken in St. Peter's. I want to get on to the rest of the trip, though, in Florence, Zurich, Paris and Versailles.

     
  • At 9:59 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Kenju: I can hardly wait...they are all such photogenic cities!

     
  • At 5:15 am, Blogger Pendullum said…

    Thank you for the visual adventure...

     
  • At 5:37 am, Blogger Caro said…

    Very pretty.

     
  • At 12:25 pm, Blogger Gabby Girl said…

    Thanks for you well wishes on my blog. It does suck being sick in another country. It is the only time I find myself really wanting to go home. Hehe. But we are better now for the time being. So, that means more posts and pictures again. Thanks again.

     
  • At 9:49 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Pendullum: My pleasure!

    Carolyn: Glad you think so...I stood there for ages admiring the foliage etc.

    GG: Glad to hear that!

     
  • At 11:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow this looks beautiful!

    Here from Michele's today. Hi!

     
  • At 6:00 am, Blogger My float said…

    beautiful photos. they're always so vibrant.

     
  • At 6:19 am, Blogger SnowWhite said…

    what beautiful photo's, nice post too, full of good links. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    xx
    shona

     
  • At 12:41 pm, Blogger www.stepherz.com said…

    So beautiful! Your pictures make me want to visit!

     
  • At 11:23 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Claire: It was very beautiful...a relaxing garden to visit.

    MF: My better half and I were comparing our photos last night...my camera seems to pick up greens better than his. (And I only post the best shots too!)

    Shona: My pleasure...thanks for visiting.

    Stepherz: You really should!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals