Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Monday, April 17, 2006

Tagged Again:

My Float tagged me...so here goes:

I AM: currently living in Tokyo, Japan.
I WANT: how much time have you got...this could take a while!
I WISH: politicians had half a brain - not a whole one, just half!
I HATE: salarymen that take up 2 seats on the train because they sit with their legs so far apart...grrr
I MISS: the spectacular Australian sky, especially the millions of night time stars :(
I FEAR: snakes.
I HEAR: constant noise around me - traffic, trains, loudspeakers on politican's vans...no such thing as noise pollution laws over here.
I WONDER: about everything...just too curious for my own good :)
I REGRET: nothing!
I AM NOT: Japanese.
I DANCE: around the real issues...nah just kidding! Around my living room now that we live in an apartment with some space :D
I SING: a lot and sometimes at all-night karaoke!
I CRY: when I say goodbye to people at airports :(
I AM NOT ALWAYS: as patient as I could be :p
I MAKE
yummy desserts WITH MY HANDS
I WRITE: in English and (sometimes) Japanese.
I CONFUSE: the Japanese particles "wa" and "ga".
I NEED: to read daily.
I SHOULD: eat less gelato and ice cream.
I START: afresh each day.
I FINISH: every book I start.
I TAG:
Stepping Stones , and Gaijin Girl!

17 Comments:

  • At 12:12 am, Blogger Miss Kim said…

    I'll do it...but--- it's on my list! It will probably be tomorrow cause I promised expatraveller I'd do a meme of hers.

     
  • At 12:23 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    I look forward to it T1!

     
  • At 1:20 am, Blogger Elsa said…

    Yes, I know exactly what you mean about those Japanese particles - "wa" and "ga" they get me everytime! Not really :-)

    I also have the same "wish" as you - I wish politicians were better.

    And I also finish every book I start - even if I hate it.

    Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 3:40 am, Blogger Frema said…

    I should eat less ice cream, too. But with Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey in the world, how can I be expected to resist?

     
  • At 5:59 am, Blogger My float said…

    I always cry at airports, even if I'm picking people up!

    As for the constant noise, that would drive me nuts!

    And just to let you know, the Australian skies are as beautiful as ever! :)

     
  • At 1:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmmmmmmm Ben and Jerrys. I'm drooling!

     
  • At 3:35 pm, Blogger GG said…

    Aha, thanks, that was fun! Yay that you dance around your apartment. There's nothing like it.
    GG.

     
  • At 8:42 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hi Elsa, There are definitely too many brain-deficient pollies around! When I try to get my head around the intricacies of "wa" and "ga" it makes me feel brain-deficient ;P

    Hi Liz, I hope you do get to see the Aussie sky one day - there's nothing like it. Okay, serious bout of homesickness heading my way... and you picture correctly: "Salarymen" is the generic term for office workers...sorry I should have explained!

    Hi Frema, I know exactly what you mean, there are just too many tempting ice confections out there :D

    Hi My Float, Aren't airports the most depressing places - I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this :) The noise can get a bit much sometimes - but occasionally it's some interesting noise too! And I'm so happy to hear that the sky hasn't changed. I miss looking at the Southern Cross each night! This was a good meme - thanks!

    Hi Conegrrrl, Welcome back and don't forget to wipe the drool off your keyboard :p

    Hi GG, After a hard day of trainhopping and salaryman-pushing, there's nothing like boogieing around the sofa :D

     
  • At 9:00 pm, Blogger GG said…

    hehe, love your work VK.

     
  • At 9:28 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    GG if I didn't indulge in some random salaryman-pushing I would go insane! They certainly do enough of their own - it's all part of the cultural experience!

     
  • At 12:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the answers!

    I cry at airports too!

     
  • At 9:20 am, Blogger Bearette said…

    i love that movie. i also dig the hugh-grant-dancing scene :) colin firth's marriage proposal to the portuguese girl...now *that* makes me cry ;)

     
  • At 8:44 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hi Ivonne, Glad you enjoyed them!

    Hi Liz, That's such a great movie!

    Hi Bearette, The Hugh Grant dance is memorable...I wonder if Tony Blair does that?!

     
  • At 6:50 am, Blogger La Turista said…

    Great meme - I'm going to tag all the ATX girls from the "horrible hair pictures" posts.

     
  • At 11:55 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Glad you enjoyed it la turista...those hair piccies were excellent BTW :D

     
  • At 10:54 am, Blogger Anyay said…

    I love japan. sorry that you cant see allthoughs stars. ru japeness

     
  • At 12:40 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hi anyay - I'm an Australian living in Japan.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals