Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Chocolatey Maths...

This brain workout (with some smart alec tweaks) was in my inbox this morning:

YOUR AGE IN CHOCOLATE MATHS
Don't tell me your age; you would probably lie anyway - but Willy Wonka will know!

It takes less than a minute
Work this out as you read
Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!
This is not just one of those time wasters, it's a fun time waster!

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to
eat chocolate
(more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be realistic!)

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator...

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1756 (and say Happy Birthday!) ....

If you haven't, add 1755. (and be ready for the gifts to roll in!)

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born. (no lying...I'll know!)


You should have a three digit number (if you don't...use your calculator silly!)


The first digit of this was your original number
(i.e., how many times you want to eat chocolate each week).

The next two numbers are YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)

THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2006) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE IT LASTS.

10 Comments:

  • At 1:29 pm, Blogger Bearette said…

    330. That was amazing...and really did require a calculator. At first I tried to brazen it out.

     
  • At 8:00 pm, Blogger My float said…

    oh,i just went straight for the chocolate!!

     
  • At 8:23 pm, Blogger Elsa said…

    Pretty cool. These mathematical calculations guessing one's age always amaze me. The funny thing is that they all say "this is the only year that it will work...". But I know I've done these in other years. Maybe they change the calculation slightly (i.e. instead of adding 1756, you add 1757 or 1755 for the next year or the prior year).

     
  • At 11:32 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Bearette: Well done for brazening :)

    Helen: Mental exertions such as these always require chocolate...enjoy!

    My Float: Well done on having the presence of mind to get straight to the heart of the matter - chocolate consumption :p

    Elsa: They are quite cool and I believe you are right about the digits changing!

     
  • At 1:30 am, Blogger Lou said…

    So many math problems, so little time...

    I just love things that revolve around logic. Thanks for sharing this us. It was fun to do. And yes, it did come out correctly (even without a calculator)! :)

     
  • At 1:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cool!

     
  • At 3:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    527. Incredible :-)

     
  • At 10:31 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Lou: well it may not have been "Pi" but I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    Ivonne: I thought so too!

    Liz: Same thing happens to me!

    Antonia: It certainly is!

     
  • At 2:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    825 Okay I just outed my addiction!

     
  • At 10:36 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hi Anon: perhaps you are the most honest of all of us?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals