Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Sangkhlaburi Serenity...

It's been a full-on week and finally it's time to sit back and chill...



When I stayed in Sangkhlaburi, Thailand I was fortunate to see this stunning sunset. This enormous lake - Kheuan Khao Laem - was artificially created and actually flooded out an old village. In the background you can see the longest wooden bridge in Thailand known locally as Uttamanuson Bridge. It's 850 metres long and leads to a Mon village of thatched huts, dirt paths and smuggled goods. The bridge is a good place to view the merging point of the Songkaria, Bikhli and Ranti rivers.
Posted by Picasa

12 Comments:

  • At 11:21 pm, Blogger Lou said…

    Very beautiful! I love how the sun's reflection seems to be coming from under the bridge. The colors are also remarkable. Love it!

    Very interesting history lesson, as well.

    Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 11:51 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hi Lou, This photo was taken BDC(before digital camera) so I was pleasantly surprised when I had it developed. I had no idea I'd managed to capture something so gorgeous and in the same way I remembered it too!

    BTW history has always been one of my fave subjects :)

     
  • At 2:05 am, Blogger Miss Kim said…

    I just love the pink sunset! What a beautiful photo!

     
  • At 2:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sigh, I wish I was there.

     
  • At 4:22 am, Blogger Elsa said…

    To echo everyone else's sentiments - BEAUTIFUL!!

     
  • At 6:00 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hi Traveller One: I've certainly learned to embrace my inner pinkness since moving to Japan :)

     
  • At 6:02 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hi Antonia: I also would love to be there right now - however at the moment I have to be content with just my memories and this photo :)

     
  • At 6:03 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hi Elsa: I'm glad you like it, though it's pretty difficult to take an "ugly" photo in Thailand IMHO!

     
  • At 1:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An amazing shot with a great story. Thanks for sharing and I like your blog.

    Here via blogtopsites.

     
  • At 8:45 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hi Anon, Welcome and thanks!

     
  • At 12:38 pm, Blogger Amy said…

    I'm so envious of all of your wonderful travel spots!

     
  • At 8:45 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hi Amy, I'm glad you like them :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals