Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Live on the Edge!

Sydney Tower is the 2nd tallest freestanding structure in the southern hemisphere (Auckland's Sky Tower is the tallest) and now has the added attraction of Skywalk where you are harnessed onto a moving, glass floored platform 260 metres above street level. Fortunately, it is one of the safest buildings in the world and is able to withstand earthquakes and extreme wind conditions but not Godzilla!



After that adrenaline filled heartpumping action I suggest you take a contemplative stroll through the Royal Botanic Gardens which were established in 1816.



Photos taken in Sydney, September 2004.
 Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

  • At 6:24 pm, Blogger My float said…

    Those New Zealanders are so competitive!! The gardens are always so beautiful, aren't they? You must miss Sydney!

     
  • At 7:21 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Sydney is one of the most beautiful cities in the world!

     
  • At 8:58 am, Blogger Alex, Chiyo, Hiroki and Kei said…

    Wow! Happy memories. I LOVED Sydney. Being able to drift home from work and dive into the sea was awesome. I also have vague memories of Dollar-a-schooner nights in Darling Harbour... Bliss

     
  • At 2:27 am, Blogger Lou said…

    Love the photo of the buldings. Its amazing how they can make something like that able to withstand all those natural disasters. Those gardens look beautiful, too.

     
  • At 12:20 pm, Blogger Caro said…

    But not Godzilla! :D

     
  • At 1:48 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    A, C & H: I miss the ocean too!

    Lou: The Tower is a pretty cool shape with a heap of cables (maybe 500?) spreading out to provide support...I think they look like giant cobwebs!

    Carolyn: Because I'm in Japan, I couldn't resist the Godzilla reference!

     
  • At 6:30 am, Blogger Elsa said…

    Wow - those towers are something! I wasn't familiar with them. I would love to see them some day - but I think I'll pass on the bunjee jump off of them!

     
  • At 9:17 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    It's amazing how many structures you can "climb" nowadays! Are we getting braver or sillier?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals