Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Friday, June 16, 2006

2006 World Cup Fever...

I have an addiction, a contagious addiction. That's right, I'm enslaved by the 2006 FIFA World Cup games. I will not tell you how many games I've actually watched, but I am missing out on way too much sleep. Not liking those European time zones!

My devotion is so strong, that I've temporarily renamed my blog - okay, I'll wait while you scroll back up to check if I'm serious!

...Told you I changed it!

Spain creamed Ukraine last night, a very memorable match (4-0) - the largest winning margin of the tournament so far.Tonight, Ecuador blasted Costa Rica (3-0). The
England Vs. Trinidad & Tobago game was exciting...The T&T goalkeeper worked very hard and pulled out some spectacular saves, especially in the 2nd half, but England was able to sneak 2 goals in at the last minute (2-0). Sweden really need a win in their next game (in about an hour) to ensure they receive a place in the 2nd round.

I can hardly wait until the
Australia Vs. Brazil game on June 18! (Did I tell you that Australia is still at the top of the table for Group F!)

14 Comments:

  • At 4:21 am, Blogger Bearette said…

    Does your fiance watch too? What time do y'all go to bed?

     
  • At 4:33 am, Blogger Miss Kim said…

    My goodness.... what time are you watching the games??????

     
  • At 1:43 pm, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Oh, my, football excitement in Japan. Here in the US we hardly hear anything about it. There are two or three pubs that attract transplants for viewings, but with our time difference games are on in the early morning, not nice for drinking, partying then going to work.
    Oh, Michele sent me.
    But why the old Charlie and not the new?

     
  • At 2:23 pm, Blogger Tracie Nall said…

    I haven't watched any of the World Cup games, but I am impressed by your dedication!

    Go Australia!?!

    Here via Michele

     
  • At 3:04 pm, Blogger utenzi said…

    Michele really sent me, not Tracie, but the confusion is easy to understand. All three of us posted on the same minute.

    I've only watched one of the WC games. Mexico vs Iran, I think. It wasn't very good until right before the end of the match. I've been watching Hockey instead. Have a great time with the rest of the matches...

     
  • At 10:34 pm, Blogger Amy said…

    A friend of mine is in Germany right now watching Ecuador's games -- but I haven't seen any myself.

     
  • At 11:18 pm, Blogger Megan said…

    Enjoy the games. Go USA!

    Hi - Michele sent me.

     
  • At 11:28 pm, Blogger Dear AL said…

    OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! Oh My God!

    I'm also addicted the FIFA World Cup! OMG!

    Think we're related?

     
  • At 11:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Someone asked me if I knew anything about the World Cup. I didn't... until now. I'm going to call that friend up and start talking! This is my first time over here from Michele. Fun blog. I was in Tokyo a couple of years ago and had a blast. I'll definately be back! Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 11:32 pm, Blogger Valerie said…

    Visiting from Michele's

     
  • At 1:55 am, Blogger Elsa said…

    You're too funny!! :D I can understand watching the games to all hours of the night (and morning). I would do the same if I was in another time zone and the Boston Red Sox were playing in the world series! It wouldn't matter what time it was - I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing they were playing, so I totally understand. Enjoy, VK!!

     
  • At 1:56 am, Blogger Elsa said…

    BTW, I like your temporary (I'm guessing temporary) new blog name!

     
  • At 2:20 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    So 3 games a night (in Japan time) 1st one starts at 10pm (we both watch that one), 2nd starts at 1am (I generally watch that one alone) and the 3rd starts at 4am (which I only watch on weekends! Um usually). Only problem with this is that I get woken at 6:30 as my better half has to go to work...but I'm willing to make these sacrifices for this month!

     
  • At 2:24 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    And regarding my new blog name...if the Socceroos go all the way, I may make it a permanent change!

    BTW if you type "Socceroos" into google Blog Search my humble blog comes up as "Related Blogs"!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals