Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Friday, March 24, 2006

Siren Song from the Golden Arches...

After watching Supersize Me and reading Fast Food Nation I very rarely eat at McDonald's but every so often the golden arches lure me back in...

McDonald's in Japan regularly introduces new menu items - generally seasonally related - and their lastest treat, Ume Sauce McNuggets, just had to be sampled:



Ume is one of my favourite flavours - it's a variety of Asian plum or apricot (depending on who you talk to) that tastes like a salty, sour plum. It's usually combined with shiso AKA perilla AKA beefsteak plant which provides a refreshing flavour.

So my verdict? The nuggets were average, but the sauce was quite good - though not sour enough for my taste. I was amused by the "chick lit-tish" illustration on the McNugget container - I guess the target market is now
Bridget Sophie Kinsella Jones ?!

Apologies for the dodgy shot below - I had to do it hastily :p




Do you think sleeping heavily is allowed?!
Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

  • At 11:04 am, Blogger Bearette said…

    chick lit nuggets...

     
  • At 8:51 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    I wondered if you'd notice this one B :)

     
  • At 4:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That sauce sounds yummy and the sign made me laugh.

     
  • At 5:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, great sign

     
  • At 5:43 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Antonia: the sauce was not too bad especially as it came from McDonald's! But I prefer the umeboshi I have in my fridge :p

    The sign really made me wonder what the staff have seen in that shop before?! I was also amused that sleeping in the smoking area was allowed! But honestly how could anyone possible sleep in a smoke filled, cough inducing area?!

     
  • At 5:44 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Glad you liked it anon - despite my less than professional pic!

     
  • At 12:00 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    McDonald's isn't usually such a restful environment in my experience!

     
  • At 3:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your right verniciousknids their usually real noisy

     
  • At 11:24 am, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Anon: Uh huh...not exactly conducive to slumber ;p

     
  • At 1:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh this is too funny. I've never even thought about sleeping in McDonald's. Sleeping at the cinema, yes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals