Vernicious Knids

Random musings and snapshots about life, love, travel and everything in between...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

2006 Oscar Nominees announced...

My predictions for the winners....
ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE:
Philip Seymour Hoffman in Capote
ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE:
Matt Dillon in Crash
ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE:
Felicity Huffman in Transamerica
ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE:
Rachel Weisz in The Constant Gardener
BEST PICTURE:
Brokeback Mountain
BEST DIRECTOR:
George Clooney for Good Night, and Good Luck
DOCUMENTARY FEATURE:
March of the Penguins
See here for the entire list of nominees.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting choices you've picked, but don't you think Brokeback Mountain will win a few more? Also what about Walk the Line - they did so well at the golden globes?

     
  • At 10:57 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    I think the Academy will feel that Walk the Line has already been rewarded enough...regarding Brokeback Mountain, I'm not sure the Academy is quite ready to embrace the "controversy" of its subject matter!

    We'll see soon enough how accurate - or not - I am!

     
  • At 4:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reece Witherspoon will win best actress as she totally nailed June's character.

     
  • At 11:22 pm, Blogger verniciousknids said…

    Hmm...I'd like her to win but I chose the people I think the Academy will choose rather than who I actually want to win. They tend to award those who drastically change their appearance e.g. Charlize Theron for Monster!

     
  • At 10:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with your predictions but I don't know about the best director one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
counter
Online Movie Rentals